Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I forgot ...

... to get back to you.
Its been a while and do you know the snap of winter just didn't do it for the fishing bag.
But so long. I know what was I thinking ?
But do you know not a whiting for a year. Now mind you I'm not going any where for them ... they have to come to me.
Worms, everything, its all here and they won't come. I know they are just around the corner and down the beach a way but so what. I'm out the front.
But the Salmon have been big and I managed to land a 3kg one just two weeks ago. Talk about 'neighbours fish' ... they don't even go well in fish cakes! Any others are going back. But don't they give a great fight. I was using the light gear and it went off! Fun to land but not happy about the termination. Hunter not thinker.
Yesterday was good too! Outside with Russ to give the hull a run and not a real lot of action in the middle of the day so we had a troll on the way home and hooked a nice Kingfish at 660mm. Its always nice when its your first. Just what a good Laksa needed.
Its about learning and gazing and realising that there are no answers.
Just acknowledgment that it is a struggle, and then its not, and then it is.
Frozen beach worms are great and convenient.

No comments: